Thursday, November 9, 2017

My Cataracts

Hi there

A friend of mine's doctor said to her,  "I only have to look at your age to know you've got cataracts..."

Over ten years ago, I was told I had little bitty (not the correct medical term) cataracts in the corner  of each eye.  I worried at the time but, after a few years, when they didn't grow,  I never gave my cataract problem much of a further thought.  The diagnosis of glaucoma was a more important worry.

Imagine my surprise when on my return from America I was diagnosed with a cataract in one eye to justify a surgical procedure. Tomorrow I am to have a Wellington Hospital pre-assessment.  The surgical procedure should be soon.

And, I have heard various tales, rumours, myths about the length of time it will be before I can swim again.  Somewhere between one and two months seems to be the consensus.

Darn-it.

°°°°°°

(7 swims so far this month.)



No comments:

Post a Comment