Monday, November 20, 2017

Supermarkets, drat them!

Hi there

Does anyone else have the same trouble as I do when they pop into the supermarket for 'just one thing'?

"Ooohh, what's this-"  I reach to a shelf.  "Cake In A Cup?  A cake made in a cup?  In the microwave? In just one minute with just a spoonful or three of milk?  Good golly, I need this." 

I take a packet containing four helpings.  Then I  reach for more packets.  I mean, come on, it's a cake in a cup, for goodness sake.

The floodgates are open.  I can get three packets of jelly babies for just $5, two chops for the price of one and, OMG , Weightwatchers meals are on special and so I scoop up three meals.

Ten minutes later, I've swapped my shop basket for a trolley.

By the time I get to the car with a trolleyfull of  swag, I've completely forgotten to buy the four-pack of toilet rolls, the one product I came in for.  Oh well, pass me today's newspaper please!







No comments:

Post a Comment