Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Tying bows

Hi there

I was at the hairstylists' the other day and please  note that I didn't say the old-fashioned term of 'hairdresser' because I am so up to modern-day usage.

Anyway, I was moaning to the hairdresser (whoops...) about bows on clothes.

"I cut mine off my blouse," I said.  "They were on the sleeves and annoying me with all that  flapping."

"You're so right."  My hairstylist  pointed to her own shoes.  Apparently she'd cut the bows off them.

A second hairstylist butted into the conversation.   "I cut the bows off this top I'm wearing," she said.  "From the middle of the neckline."

This got the three of us talking -

We wondered who kept coming up with the idea that women liked bows as clothing attachments?  Bows are always coming undone. A wearer can never get them looking pristinely tied again once they come apart.   They look ungainly, and six year old girls playing with Barbie and My Little Pony must surely be the only females who like bows as an accessory?

Bows?  Huh?  Who's joining me in a nation-wide boycott?


No comments:

Post a Comment