Friday, December 8, 2017

Taupo

Hi there

A few weeks ago I got it into my head that I'd like to go to Whitianga which is a coastal town higher up the North Island of New Zealand.  And so I went there.

I was in Whitianga for a week.  Lovely swimming, terrific weather.  So many things to see and places to go.  I ate a lot.  I drove there and back.  My driving is on borrowed time because of my poor eyesight.

  Driving back home, I thought that Lake Taupo looked beautiful, and the weather was extremely warm so. on the spur of the moment, I stayed in the town of Taupo for three nights.

On Thursday, it was so hot in Taupo that I had three swims in the lake over a period of an hour and a half.  As I was getting out of the water,  some scientific guys were arriving with signs that they dug into the ground declaring that the lake water was unsafe to swim in due to high levels of toxic algae bloom.  The guys took water samples and were warning people away from the lake.  Apparently swimmers could come down with rash, respiratory troubles, headaches, eye infections, etc.

I've warned my friends that the time to worry is when I start to glow in the dark, or mutate into a weird creature, or if Skittles-like spots cover my body.  My friends are watching me like hawks, afraid it all might be catching.






No comments:

Post a Comment