Wednesday, December 27, 2017

What is this Christmas Present?




Hi there

I got a Christmas present through the post.  But, blow me down, I can't figure out what it is?  It's about the length of my fore-arm and can be squeezed from the sides.

It's probably something that every kitchen-proud person will instantly recognize.  "It's a fizzle gripper," he/she is probably shouting out at me with scornful derision.

But, and here's the kicker, when I rang up the overseas sender of the present, she couldn't remember what she'd sent me!

I refused to send her a photo.  Let her stew in her own juices - oh, wait, maybe The Thing is a lemon squeezer?

###
7 December (NZ time):  I've discovered what The Thing is.  It's a jar opener!   I was glancing through a Farmers' catalogue and found a similar object.   But the funny thing Is that I don't need the present at all because I have a foolproof way of opening a jar.
I just give the rim of the lid  a very brisk bang or two on the floor.  You'll hear a sort of click and then the lid will unscrew easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment