Thursday, July 26, 2018

A visit to the doctor

Hi there

I went to a doctor a couple of months back.  I hadn't been for a year or so.  And I had a list.

There were four things on my list, four symptoms/illnesses/what-have-you with nothing at all to do with each other and in no particular order.

The doctor saw me pull out my list -

"Just tell me the most important thing," said the doctor.  "Come back other times with the other things on your list.  We've only got fifteen minutes."

What?  W-h-a-a-a-t!!!"  I was flabbergasted.  Flustered, I opted for the symptom at the top of the list .

Doctors study for - what? - maybe seven years?  Yet this doctor expected me, the patient, to know the order of importance of  the symptoms of four illnesses, even though I'd never had one iota of medical training?

Is it just the money the surgery could make from seeing me four separate times?  Who knows?

I did go back to a doctor a few weeks ago about a completely unrelated matter to my original list (it was when I almost fell in the fridge at Countdown, pulling a side muscle in the process).  This time, I was too scared to bring out my list.

So that's three medical worries I still have...

I am so miffed.




No comments:

Post a Comment