Sunday, July 29, 2018

Swimming in winter

Hi there

It's difficult swimming between storms, no changing shed, lunches with friends, appointments, etc. But I have managed seven swims this month.  The last three swims have been soooooo cold.  For several hours after my swim, my fingers were soooooo freezing and stiff.  I felt that if I bent them, they'd break.


I'm beginning to think I'm too old for this winter swimming lark. I arrive at the beach in my bathiing suit and a bathrobe.  But it's so difficult to dress myself when there's no operable changing shed at Hataitai Beach.  After a swim,  I now wrap a towel around my bathing suit, a bathrobe on top, slip into my psuedo crocs (with fleecy insides - yay, I found them at No 1 Shoes), all of this done with fingers that won't work and a body so cold I think I'm standing in a fridge.   Then it's into the car and off home.   Freezing.  All I can hope is that my car never breaks down and I have to hike somewhere in my Sylvester Cat-patterned bathrobe.

The Wellington City Council changing shed/toilets at Hataitai Beach were supposed to be revamped by end of June.  The council have just now told us it will be end of August. 

No comments:

Post a Comment