Friday, October 26, 2018

Phantom seed thrower

Hi there

Some months ago, a neighbour said to me, "Have you heard about the Phantom Seed Thrower?"

"Huh?"  What the heck was my neighbour rabbiting on about?  Her statement sounded slightly ... naughty?

"Someone's going around the streets of Miramar at night-time, and throwing seeds into people's front gardens."

"Oh.   I wish someone would throw seeds into my garden ..." (its so darn hard not to sound ... naughty,  but I will continue writing with a stiff upper lip).

And you know what?  Someone did throw seeds into the weed-filled garden at the front of my house.

At the start of Spring my garden suddenly became a riot of lovely little spring flowers peeping in and out of the knee-high weeds.  How adorable.  I wish I could name the flowers, but being the non-gardener that I am, I haven't a clue about florals and fauna (I'll have to run to the Yates Garden book that's been gathering dust on my  bookshelf for twenty years and see what the word 'fauna' actually means).  

Thank you Phantom Seed Thrower, much appreciated...

No comments:

Post a Comment