Sunday, October 28, 2018

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex

Hi there
At the last minute I trotted down to Maranui Cafe on the seafront at Lyall Bay and waited to see if I could get a glance at the Duchess of Sussex.  She was going there for coffee and a talk with benevolent organisations.

All I saw as the car went by was a hand waving because the car's windows were darkened.  When she went into the cafe I only saw her back.  I switched sides of the road and I got a nice - though distant view - of the Duchess:


 


She was too far away for my cheap little camera phone to photograph but thanks to Fliss (who was standing beside me) for the above photos.  Oops, I never even thought about looking at Harry.

PS:  31 October ... there was an earthquake yesterday over much of New Zealand but it hardly touched Auckland where the royal couple were visiting;  they didn't feel it.  However, I was scared and ducked under the table clutching the legs as we've been instructed to do, only to suddenly realise that my 80 year old dining room table was on casters.  Yeah, casters will really keep the table steady in a bad earthquake!

No comments:

Post a Comment