Thursday, February 14, 2019

Ever had one of THOSE holidays?

Hi there

I've just had a week in Queenstown, New Zealand.  Q is supposed to be the adventure capital of the world with all sorts of strenuous activities, like jet boating, bungy, para-sailing, etc, etc.
Everything went wrong for me:

.  At the airport as I was leaving Wellington, I felt an explosion in my leg.  Limped for whole holiday, couldn't hike anywhere.  Thank goodness for my hiking stick
.  Lost my phone.  Bought a new one.  My own one was handed in two days later.
.  Got seriously bitten by sandflies,  from chin to ankles.
.  The tv in my rented holiday home was broken.  No repairman for six days.
.  I pulled a muscle in my arm when  tugging on my backpack
.  The linen I had ordered, didn't turn up.  When it did, there were 12 double sheets and no towels.
.  The rental car company had changed their address without telling me.  I threw a mini tantrum outside their old office.
.  Rolled up at a pre-booked buffet dinner.  The hotel lift was out and I had to limp up six floors to be told the meal was cancelled because no kitchen electricity.
.  Got a bad cold sore on my lip and a horrible scratchy throat.
.  Got sunburnt.

Still love Queenstown ...






No comments:

Post a Comment