Friday, July 12, 2019

Maupuia Walkway Wellington

Hi there

 Just above the suburb of Miramar in Wellington is the hill suburb of Maupuia where there's a lovely safe flat track that gives magnificent views of the inner harbour.  It's only maybe 40 minutes return and that includes taking your time petting dogs, sitting on seats, stopping and ohhhing and ahhhing over the view,  happily talking to strangers, etc.  Houses are higher up on the hill above you on one side of the track,  and the sea is way down on the other side of you.

The walkway was my first excursion out after my eye surgery ) and now I've been told the cataract in my other eye is bad and I need surgery on that - oh, no, not another round of 13 eyedrops a day!).  It was a beautiful day last week when I walked the track.  I talked to half a dozen dogs and their owners.

If a person is going to the walkway by number 2  bus from town, get off at the stop after the Miramar Cutting, climb the hill (about ten minutes and with a proper pavement) until you see a sort of (pathetic) little clearing ahead of you that's used for parking.  This is the start of the track.  Or ..catch no 24  bus from town, ask driver to put you off at the start of Maupuia Walkway.




above: looking down on the suburb of Miramar from near the Maupuia Walkway


above:  taken from Maupuia Walkway.  Hataitai Beach, where I swim, is across the water.


PS:  The Young One, J, and I went swimming at Hataitai Beach today.  I wore wrap-around sunglasses and was extremely careful.  The swim was fantastic. And, yes, it was very cold!




No comments:

Post a Comment