Friday, July 5, 2019

Buying sunglasses

Hi

I'm having trouble with the light on my eyes so I popped into the optician's to ask about wrap around sunglasses.

"I go through sunglasses like other people go through chocolate," I explained.  "My sunglasses break often.  I blame those thin cloth bags that the shop people give us to keep our sunglasses in.  Within a day of scrabbling around in my handbag looking for something I can rarely find, my sunglasses usually get broken.  Are there rubber sunglass frames?"

"We can do better," said the optician.  "We have ... " He paused theatrically -  "flexible frames!  They won't break."

Wow.  Show-me-show-me-

He picked out a pair of sunglasses and flexed the arms.  This way.  That way.  Pulling.  Pushing.  Shaking.  Forcing backwards ... forcing forwar-

Oops.  The sunglasses broke with a loud snap!    Right where the nose piece was.

"Um ... "   I'll think about it," I said diplomatically.

I exited the premises, chortling.  I did tell the red-faced guy that it was too good a story not to share with the world but to save him further future embarrassment I'd keep secret the name of the shop....








No comments:

Post a Comment