Friday, November 8, 2019

Ohope Beach ... again.

Hi there

I've just returned from a week at Ohope Beach , listed as "New Zealanders' Best Loved Beach".  For five days the temperature was 26c-29c, and for the last two days the temp was 22c-24c. I never saw a cloud the entire time. My goodness, this was magnificent for the beginning of November (still officially Spring).  I know that it's Ohope, and that Ohope has a great temperature at normal times ... but November?  Wow.  I was in the sea every day.  For the first time since my eye operation, I swam under water, under the wild waves.  Great!






Below:  I spotted these little kiwi sculptures here and there around Whakatane (5kms from Ohope Beach).  I went to Whakatane every day, mainly to eat (Julian's Berry Farm, yum, those large strawberry sundaes!)


 Below: This little kiwi sculpture was tucked under a bench in Whakatane's main street.






No comments:

Post a Comment