Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Adrenalin

Hi there

Everyone knows the story (myth?) about the slightly-built middle-aged mother who lifted a car up high, away from her son who was trapped under it.

Adrenalin gave that mother sudden strength.  Had she spent a few seconds thinking about the action, she would never have been able to do it.  What a feat, eh?

My little adrenalin moment hit me way back when I was a young government typist, and learning shorthand.  My TCB shorthand exam result arrived in the mail.

I had taught myself shorthand over a year of practising it at home every evening, and during tea breaks at work.    I was a nervous wreck as I opened the envelope.

"I passed - !!!!"  I whooped.  I jumped in excitement -

My mother said that my head bumped against the high kitchen ceiling.   And yet, I wasn't at all a sporty or fit  person.   I would've had a hard time even jumping rope.

...  Adrenalin sure is a weird thing.










No comments:

Post a Comment