Saturday, October 26, 2019

Those Rubbish Trucks

Hi there

A friend and I went to a matinee at The Empire Theatre in Island Bay.  We came out of the theatre, got in my car, and I was about to drive off.  Then -

Oh, noooo ...  My driver's wing mirror was shattered!

There was a note under a windscreen wiper.  Ah, wow, a witness to the accident!  It appeared that a rubbish truck had side-swiped my car.

 I rang up the rubbish truck company with all the information from the note.  The guy told me that lots of people rang him claiming that they'd been hit by rubbish trucks but, normally, they were fibbing (whaaaaat!?)  He would have to check with his truck drivers.

The accident was eventually admitted by the rubbish truck company, and they have paid me through my insurance company. I now have a pristine wing miror.

I've always been one of those people who have whooped happily about a cycle-way next to the pavement on The Parade in Island Bay.  The cycle-way has caused wrath and ire amongst the anti-cycleway people.  Cars park in marked spaces alongside the cycleway which means that rubbish truck drivers get upset being so far from the pavement, and mothers pulling babies out of back car seats, complain they could get bowled over by bikes.

I'm now beginning to think that the cycle-way is a bad idea ...?


I love it that I can see myself taking the photo in the shattered wing mirror.





No comments:

Post a Comment