Sunday, September 20, 2020

Ohope Beach... Again

 Hi there.

All of last week, I was up north at Ohope Beach for a holiday.  Not a sign of anyone wearing masks. 

 I swam in the sea.  I went to the movies ("23 walks").  I went to cafes.  I bought two paintings (an indulgence, oh dear...).  I walked a lot.  I had fun finding little kiwi statues hidden away in Whakatane township (4 km away from Ohope Beach).  And I had a dozen fried oysters - yum, yum,  yum - from the Ohiwa Oyster Farm.  


above: Ohope Beach with White Island  in background.  With naked eye, I could see a huge plume of smoke coming from volcano. Scary.

above:  some years ago I had a photo of me in front of 'kiwi wandering" notice in Ohope.  Someone has since taken the 'k' off which now makes the sign 'iwi wandering' which I think is fantastic ("iwi" in Maori culture can mean tribe , or people, or nation. 

see above:  another little kiwi statue.  This one on the 
Whakatane foreshore.


No comments:

Post a Comment