Sunday, September 27, 2020

What don't we know?

 Hi there

I often wonder if there's something I should know that I don't know -

A couple of years ago, a friend of mine told me about tying a double bow on shoelaces.

"I told the guy in the shoe store," she said, "that my laces were always coming undone and trailing on the ground.  He showed me how to tie a double bow.  Do you know how to tie a double bow?"

Of course I knew how to tie a double  bow.  I'd known how to do that, well, forever.  I'd often wondered how dozens of teen males managed with shoelaces dripping around their feet.  Did these guys not know how to tie a double bow?  Guess not.

Which leads me on to wondering what I don't know.  Is there some significant piece of information out there that could make my life more enjoyable?  Help me easily overcome some immense difficulty?  Get me around a problem that's been bugging me for years?

I wish I knew what I don't know...

No comments:

Post a Comment