Saturday, May 1, 2021

Hiking and Walking

Hi there

With a bit of trepidation, I took off on a hike this morning to Red Rocks, a wild beach-y stoney area of Wellington.  I was anxious because I was now deeming my bad ankle repaired.  But was it?   

Yes!  40 minutes to Red Rocks and 40 minutes back.  I am so good .....

Whilst walking with my trusty hiking stick at the ready (and I only stumbled once)  I got to thinking about the dynamics of people walking together, be it on urban paths or on a narrow bush track .  If there's two of you, great.  But if there's three of you then that third person feels on the outer, a third wheel, because they will either have to walk behind their two friends, or in front of them (which means walking backwards if any conversation is to be included), 

Is it any wonder we have so many walkers who, in trios, often take up the whole of a footpath, loathe to separate to a less privileged position.  





No comments:

Post a Comment