Saturday, May 8, 2021

New Plymouth Again

Hi there

I suddenly decided to go to New Plymouth for three nights, and was out of the house within 35 minutes.  Over the last few months I thought I'd lost the super-power of fast packing but, no, I had regained that power  -

Wait, no!  I forgot my hiking shoes.  And my going-to-town-and-posh-dining-in-restaurant shoes.  For the whole time away, I was in my scungy, scuffed shoes; the ones I drive in.  

I walked for hours (and hours) in New Plymouth, in just my old Skeechers court shoes, wearing the soles completely flat by the end of my short holiday .

I love New Plymouth's Coastal Walkway.  I walked it backward and forwards twice, walking from the port to the modern-looking walkway bridge  -

above:  from this end of the bridge, I could see Mt Taranaki (okay, I wasn't quite standing in the right place to get the mountain exactly framed in the middle of the span (missed the vista by this much).

above:  this is the other end of the bridge, with more of a view of the beautiful workmanship of the structure.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment