Friday, October 1, 2021

Those masks, sigh...

 Hi there

New Zealand's team of five million have been spoiled; up until a month or so ago we breezed through life at Level 1 without any Covid restrictions, except for border control.

So, understandably we suddenly feel constricted.  For me, it's all that mask-wearing -

I try to power-walk daily.  When mandatory mask-wearing came in, I figured it would be so easy to wear one as I powered over the Miramar hills.  But, oh goodness, how wrong I was.  

For the last year I have had to live with hayfever, obviously far more hayfever than anybody has ever experienced in this entire universe ever (dramatic much?).  Power-walking with hayfever is not pretty.

My eyes water down into the mask.  I have a runny nose. There's saliva.  And sweat.  And I can't see well without my glasses - masks and glasses are not a good combination.

So ... I've given up the mask.  I mean, power-walking is 'exercise', isn't it?  Akin to cycling, and jogging?  And Jacinda says that masks don't have to be worn by the activity-minded.

I still carry a mask and whip it on when approaching others though I don't often see others at the time I'm out walking.  

Wellington is at Level 2.  My fear is that if or when we again reach level 1, we will still have to wear those hated masks.





No comments:

Post a Comment