Sunday, April 10, 2022

Those "Typing Pools"?

 Hi there

I belong to a community centre drama-improv-without-an-audience group for seniors.  Just for fun we make up, on the spot, tiny spurts of  silliness.  Either in a huge or small group, or individually.

During one such action, where everyone was ostensibly working away at a suggested job, one of our number called out "Typing Pool".   All of us retirees immediately became typists sitting at imaginary desks and typing frantically on imaginary typewriters.  I swear I could hear the carriage-returns dinging.  Honestly, I thought we were brilliant!

Then our instructor, a lovely young professional actress in her twenties,  asked "Why are you all typing in a swimming pool...?"

Goodness, I've never felt so old ...






No comments:

Post a Comment