Sunday, July 9, 2023

Booking for the theatre on-line

 Hi there

I had decided to go and see "Moulin Rouge - the Musical" in Melbourne.  It meant I would have to book on-line.

Oh dear, I always have trouble booking theatre seats on-line.  Only once did I get it right with just one attempt:  it was for  "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child".  When I got into the pre-book wait room, there were over 1000 people before me trying to also book. With 19,000 behind me.  I ended up fourth row from the front.  Great show.

But last week....

I went into the official booking site for "Moulin Rouge - the Musical" armed with the website password that I'd had for a few years.  Hey, but wait, there was a message telling me I had to put in a special registration-y code.   I could only do this by leaving the website, and checking my emails for the code. With about  five minutes of  time to do everything.

This took half-a- dozen attempts.  

Then I had to change my password.  I had to go out again to look at my emails.

Four more attempts.

I finally got into the actual site but by the time I'd chosen my seat, I got timed out.  I had to start the whole process again.

And again.  And again.  And again.  Oh, that timed-out thingee.  It's not good for dyed-in-the-wool checkers of everything they ever type.  I got blocked out so many times from the seating I had chosen because of this timing-out.   I was furious.

Other times the website wouldnt accept my NZ phone number.

Or my country zone.  Or my area zone.

Then my new credit card was a no-no.  

Each time I had to restart the whole thing again. And again.  And again...

It all took 19 attempts.

In the end I rang up the booking office in Melbourne.  This only took three attempts.

I played The Old Lady Card.   And ...

Success!!!!  


above: a stock photo of a typical interior of a theatre showing "Moulin Rouge - the Musical".




No comments:

Post a Comment