Sunday, July 16, 2023

My eyesight

 Hi there.

Since my second glaucoma operation my eyesight has been annoying me.  It's not that good.  

Last week I went to an Asian buffet place, just off Cable Car Lane.  

I got a Diet Coke (yes, yes, everyone knows that I'm an addict; I can't quit).

 "May I have a straw please."  I smiled to the lady behind the counter.

 " We don't have any, " said the lady.  There was no returning smile.  She thrust a glass at me.

I shuffled alongside the serve-yourself counter.  But then I saw something -

Ah-ha, there were straws!  

 Gotcha!   "You do have straws," I proclaimed loudly and with what, I imagined, was somewhat of a triumphant smirk.  I pointed to the jar holding the straws. 

The lady and half-a-dozen customers burst out into hysterical laughter.

Huh?

 " They're not straws, said the lady.  "They're chopsticks."

I was so embarrassed.  I blame my eye surgeon.



No comments:

Post a Comment