Tuesday, September 5, 2023

..and even more Sydney

 Hi there

There was an exhibition on of Marilyn Monroe artifacts.  Here's the dress she wore to breathlessly sing "Happy Birthday Mr President" to John F Kennedy.


below:  I had an apple sundae at Wahlburgers.  It was deliciously HUGE.


below: view to Sydney from Taronga Park Zoo.  The zoo wasn't much, I think it's so well-known world-wide because it's been around for so long.  My suggestion, after arriving off the ferry:  take the shuttle bus to top and work your way down the hill.  I walked up the hill from bottom.  I feel I missed out on being able to book for animal encounters and I got tired of slogging up the hill.  But I did see and enjoy a seal show and a bird show.

 
below:  The outside of the Theatre Royal in Sydney, prior to my seeing "Tina - the musical", the Tina Turner story.

In Sydney I stayed at the Megaboom Hotel because I just had to stay at a hotel with such an adorable name but, mainly, because it was right in the middle of the CBD, a couple of minutes walk to several theatres and all the shops and trams

The Hotel was nothing to write home about but "Location, Location, Location" (and free breakfast).  The nearby Hilton was to the side of Queen Victoria Building.

The historic Queen Victoria Building (posh) shopping mall is all but across the road from Megaboom hotel.  If arriving on the airport train for Megaboom, get off at Town Hall Station, follow signs for a few minutes past the underground shops to go up on QVB escalator.  Walk right through to far end of QVB mall, you're almost facing York Street (on left) where the hotel is about two minute walk away.  David Jones, Myers, Tiffany's, etc are just around corner from hotel (I didnt go to Tiffany's though I would have loved to have had breakfast outside of it).

So ... enough of Sydney.  Whoopeee, Melbourne next, and  "Moulin Rouge - the musical", here I come....

No comments:

Post a Comment