Saturday, October 21, 2023

I got a black eye. But how....?

 Hi there

Two weeks ago I got a burst blood vessel in my eye and for some reason, I also ended up with a black eye.  My friends had the most hilarious time, making up reasons why I got it.  But, for the life of me, I can't fathom how the black eye happened.  

I did have a nightmare where I dreamed I was being attacked, and I woke up screaming and fighting.  Had I injured myself?  No, that was just too silly.....

I wondered if I should still be taking my Eye Clinic-prescribed eyedrops.  I went to a pharmacy at 9 am-

"Hello, I've got a burst blood vessel in my eye.  And a black eye.  I just want to know if I can still take my eyedrops?"  Easy-peasy for the pharmacist to answer, I figured.

"Um, better ring the Eye Clinic," said the pharmacist.

I rang the eye clinic.  "Someone will ring you back about it," a nurse said.

I waited.  And waited.  And waited for the phone call.  At 3 30 pm, I rang my doctor and got an appointment for 5 pm.

"Oh, I don't know about your eyedrops," said the doctor.  "I'll ring the eye clinic."

"It's Friday," I said.  "They close down early."

But she had the magic way to reach the on-call ophthalmologist.  "Take the eyedrops," the ophthalmologist said.

On Monday, I got a call from the Eye Clinic.  The nurse said, "I forgot to follow-up on your phone call to us.  Sorry." 

What a lot of trouble for such a teeny enquiry....


above:  Hataitai Beach area.  Because of my eye, I didn't swim for a week.  Pity, because the couple of days we've had lately without wind, rain, and storms were the days I burst the blood vessel.

H

No comments:

Post a Comment