Saturday, October 28, 2023

Sneezes and coughs

 Hi there

I've often wondered why I sneeze and cough more when I'm in two places:

1     the library

2     the bus

Once-upon-a-time I was a bridesmaid.  The bride, as she walked down the aisle, gave a delicate little sneeze - ch-ch...

When I sneeze, it's AHHH-TISH-OOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Dittto for coughing.  My friend goes:  cough, cough....

I go:  COUGH!!!!COUGH!!!!COUGH!!!!COUGH!!!!   COUGH!!!!COUGH!!!!   COUGH!(repeat at least 5 more times). 

Pre-covid, I hopped off many buses because fellow bus passengers stared at me in horror and shuffled in their seats while trying to blend in with the wall -  anything to keep away from me and the germs that I don't have.  Hayfever causes my sneezing, and the cough ....?  My doctor calls it an 'old lady cough"-  I've often wondered if he could have been more gracious and named it an "old person's cough"?

Librarians have never liked me either.  Is it the mustiness of books that causes me to cough and sneeze?  Who knows?

But after covid, everything's got so much worse.  I get glares from all around me.  Over and over again, I've stood up from my seat in the bus and all but screeched, "Hayfever, it's hayfever!"

Oh dear....




No comments:

Post a Comment