Saturday, January 20, 2024

Aeroplane Toilets (or 'lavatories' as many planes still call them)

 Hi there

Years and years ago the toilet door got jammed on my international flight.  It took a while for my hammering on the door and my shouting to draw attention to the predicament.  

The air hostess (yes, that's what she was called and there was no such person as an 'air host') tried tugging the door from the other side.  I could hear hasty whispers and she was joined by a couple of others.  The toilet door was pulled, tugged, violated.

Finally, I guessed that a conger line must have been formed to do the deed, everyone digging their heels in and working as a team -  I fell out with a stumble into the plane's aisle.

Lots of passengers clapped.  And someone shouted, "Encore"....





No comments:

Post a Comment