Friday, March 29, 2024

Rest Home Assistants- some, all, many, one or two...?

 Hi there

As many of my (four?) readers will be aware, I do enjoy writing about the foibles of shop assistants.  Well, surprise, I've discovered a new sub-category...

Rest Home assistants.

My ex-swimming pal J (hereafter to be named Jay) is now in a rest home. She's bed-ridden after a fall.  I visited her last week.  

As I entered the building, the fire alarm was ringing.  Staff were congregating in the foyer.  There was not a sign of a resident.  It was a surprise drill.

When I was allowed to get to Jay's room, she was extremely anxious over the ringing alarm. No staff member had told her anything before, during or after the alarm.   Half a dozen heavy hallway safety doors had been closed.  No-one had answered when she'd rang her emergency bell.

I spoke to an aide -

 "You could have poked your head into Jay's room and told her what was going on. What if it had been a real fire?" I said.

 " I will tell her after," said the nurse aide.

"But she could be dead by then. "

"Yeah?"






No comments:

Post a Comment