Sunday, June 16, 2024

Mid-Winter Swim Hataitai Beach 2024, now SUNDAY 23 June 2 PM... 2 PM... 2 PM...

 Hi there


(This is yet another change to mid-winter swim date and time, hopefully last.)


NOW:  2 pm Sunday 23 June

I'm devastated!  I'm old (is that a good enough excuse?  Can I play The Old Lady Card?)...

I have told the whole world that the Hataitai Beach Mid-winter Swim is Sunday 23 June 2024, 11 am...  And it can't be then.... 

...because a Wellington marathon is on the same day and the road alongside the beach will be closed till 1 pm.

So after Jay organised the most beautiful poster for that day, I am going to have to slam a sticker over the date with my terribly-scrawled amendment on it (not only did I fail Art for my School Certificate but I was the only girl in my class at Wellington East Girls' College to fail Chamber of Commerce Handwriting). 

 I feel so bad that I've probably ruined this for Jay, my ex-winter-swimming pal.  I'm so sorry, Jay.  And I'm sorry to those who have already read the poster and written down the information. 


Mid-winter Swim, Hataitai Beach is now Sunday 23  June, 2024 at 2 pm.   


Evans Bay Parade Opens at 1 pm.





2 comments: