Sunday, July 26, 2026

"Gone Girl, movie

 Hi there

Have any of you noticed that many of the actresses from Hollywood nowadays look sort of ... the same?  The face structures look sharp, angular.  Their lips look huge.  The noses are perfect.  Their foreheads are flat and wrinkle-free.  Their bodies terribly thin.

Ozempic and other such drugs reduce weight.  These drugs are just hitting NZ now, but they've been overseas for a few years.   Hollywood people (men and women) are into it.  There's even a thing called "Ozempic face" - look at Sharon Osborne and Kelly Osborne.  Kathy Bates ("Matlock"), Ariana Grande ("Wicked"), and Oprah have lost a heck of a lot of weight in a very short time.

A few years back, I saw the movie "Gone Girl".  I am so embarrassed to admit it, but it wasn't until nearly the end of the movie that I had a sudden realisation ...

... the woman who I thought was playing a lead role was really two different actresses playing two different characters. Every time I saw this blonde woman on screen I had completely thought of her as just the one actress playing one character.



Humiliation much?

So, do I blame the movie's editor, the writer, the cinematographer, the producer, my brain?   Was it because both actresses had that generic Hollywood look?  They were both blonde and thin, so that hadn't helped...


*****

Today, Monday 27 July.  I woke up to the freezing cold.  The tv announced that, around New Zealand, it was the coldest day so far this winter.  

I have a very warm house, today has been the only day this winter I put on a heater.

I rang up my friend. "I am sooooooooo cold."  I whimpered.  I was cuddled under my flannelette sheets, with my electric blanket full on. I was wearing fingerless gloves to hold up my Kindle.

But at noon the sky got blue and I decided I would go to the beach for a swim.  The young lady who swims most early mornings and writes the sea temperature on a board at Hataitai Beach, had scrawled up "7c".

!!!!!!!!!***??????

oh, well ....  I had a swim.  The water was extremely cold.



No comments:

Post a Comment