Hi there
I am positive that my house is the South Pacific branch of The Bermuda Triangle. Things go missing. A lot.
Pens, especially. And combs. I am forever buying new ones.
The weird thing is that, unlike the original Triangle, my pens, combs, what-have-you, usually turn up again. As if by magic, they appear at the back of a cupboard, in a bag I haven't used for years, under the computer keyboard, amongst my bedclothes....
When visitors come to my place, I always warn them -
"please check thoroughly that you haven't left anything behind."
" No, no, " they always say. "I have everything."
" Are you sure? "
"Yep."
And my visitors go on their merry way. Later, I discover their sun- glasses. Or a jacket. Or a ream of business papers. My Miramar branch of the Bermuda Triangle is snaffling up objects like nobody's business...
No comments:
Post a Comment