Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Wellington Blown Away - vampire-style

Hi there

As my five readers may remember, a while back I put up photos of the huge "Wellington Blown Away" sign at the entrance of the Miramar Peninsula, where I live.  It's sort of a down-under rival to the "Hollywood" sign.

There is a New Zealand vampire comedy movie due out very soon.   It is called "What We Do In The Shadows".  It's directed by Jermaine Clement ("Flight of the Conchords) and NZ director of "Boy", Taika Waititi, is an actor in this movie.

To celebrate the birth of the movie Richard Taylor's Weta Workshop have doctored the "Wellington Blown Away" sign.  This week, they lifted off the 'W" and substituted a red "V" for vampire.   And I adore it because when I pronounce Vellington", it sounds like I have a Transylvanian accent.

Weta is closely aligned, of course, with Peter Jackson and I think it is so neat that people in the movie colony of New Zealand stick together and help each other out.  No jealousy there.

Sorry the two pics arent that clear - it was raining.




Below"  putting up the original "Wellington Blown Away" sign

No comments:

Post a Comment