Friday, July 1, 2016

Tahuna Beach, Nelson

Hi there

I've just returned from a week at Tahunanui (Tahuna) Beach in Nelson.  For the information of my overseas reader, Nelson is down the South Island of New Zealand. It's a half-hour flight from Wellington.

I only decided to go three days before my leaving date and I didn't really have time for my usual lots and lots of practise sessions as to what would and wouldn't fit in a cabin bag.  Still, I managed to fit in two sheets, pillow-case, three towels, underwear, umbrella, shoes, and two changes of outfits.  I did, however, resemble a womble as I rolled up  onto the plane; I was wearing quite a few layers of winter clothes.

I got in two swims at Tahuna Beach. I didn't take my bathing gear with me but I did have sea-worthy shorts which I teamed up with a bra, a cami, and a two-dollar lycra top from a charity shop.  The water was crisp, cool, and as flat as a pancake.  I overheard two yachties bemoaning the fact that they couldn't get out on the water because it was becalmed.








No comments:

Post a Comment