Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Happy New Year!!

Hi there

There's that song that I saw once done brilliantly in the stage musical "Side by Side by Sondheim", the one with the title, " I'm Still Here" ..




So, 2016 is done and dusted.  And I did make it.  And I'm still here.  Lots of my heroes from the nineteen fifties, sixties and seventies didn't make it though.  It reminds me just what a minefield life is to negotiate.

My swiming friend J and I have a swimming rule (well, we have many swimming rules) that tells us that come what may, storms, snow, earthquakes, tsunamis (well, maybe not tsunamis) we have to swim on New Year's Day.

It was an awful weather morning.  Rain, cold, mist.  Still, The Young One, J, and myself, we did it!    Let's hope we can manage the rest of the year as easily.

New Year's Day, Hataitai Beach:


No comments:

Post a Comment