Thursday, September 28, 2017

Car keys

Hi there

I have an ordinary, old-fashioned, actual key for my car.  None of that pressing a button from a distance to gain access to the vehicle.   Heavens to Betsy, I am such a dinosaur.

I can't have a press-from-a-distance key because I  swim a lot, and I keep my car key on a plastic coil scrunchie that I wear on my wrist.  I don't forget the time a Hataitai Beach swimmer got her bag stolen whilst she was in the water.  Her car keys were in her bag.  Her car got stolen as well.

I hired a car a few years' ago and, without thinking, put the electronic key onto my wrist scrunchie prior to swimming in Queenstown's Lake Wakatipu.

Whoops.  After my swim, the car door wouldn't open when I pressed the key from a distance, nor would it open when I inserted the key into the door lock.  Silly (wet) electronic parts!

I had to call the hire car company for rescue.  Never did I admit to them what had actually happened.

Is it any wonder that I now unlock my car doors manually, with an actual turn-key?






No comments:

Post a Comment