Thursday, September 14, 2017

YAG PI LASER

Hi there

No, the title of this writing isn't in Klingon.  It's the piece of equipment that was used on my eyes at the Wellington Hospital Eye Clinic to release the pressure from behind my eyes.

The laser makes tiny holes in the iris.  And a laser?  Goodness, talk about "Buck Rogers in the 21st Century", eh? Today's inventions rival many of those old sf shows.  And again ... a  laser?  Wow!

I admit I was scared.  I mean, lasers can cut through steel, and walls, and concrete.  The operator only had to sneeze and I'd be a goner.

"I've got an eye infection," I had admitted earlier to the doctor operating the laser.  My eyes were red inside, and outside.  The lids were an eyelash away from glueing together.

But after due discussion with a nurse or two (who seemed to be totally against me being lasered), the doctor made the decision to go ahead.  I had to sign a consent form that would absolve him, the nurses,  the hospital, the laser, Uncle Tom Cobley and all, from any responsibility.

And now I have to wait until the 29th of  September to see if the laser work was successful -

"If not," the doctor informed me, "surgery is the next step."

Such a joy germ...


No comments:

Post a Comment