Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Me and Star Trek

Hi there

Yes, okay, all right, I quite like Star Trek, in all its incarnations.  But I also like Star Wars (so sue me!).

In the States last month when I was visiting show biz places, studios, and exhibits,  I chanced upon a lot to do with the new Star Trek: Discovery.  This tv show is starting in the States at the end of this month.  It is set within ten years of classic Star Trek.  It's concentrated more on Klingon people and the Klingon worlds.

Practically the whole series is done with a blue screen (or is that green screen?  I can never remember which colour is used for which thing,  Oops, you can tell I'm not a real Trekker, huh?).  All the weapons, communicators and what-not were done on a 3D computer.



above: Klington stars Mary Chieffo and Kenneth Mitchell (taken from  photo so not very clear).  They had a Klingon language tutor, but only learnt phrases


above:  ST uniform.  Note the zip pocket in the leg.  They must have copied me.  Whenever I travel, I make sure that I have a sideways zip pocket lower down my trouser leg too!


 above:  space outfitt

above: Harry Mudd, a favourite from classic Star Trek, is back











No comments:

Post a Comment