Thursday, December 20, 2018

Do I need a granite counter top?

Hi there

A few years ago there was a programme where house hunters looked at prospective buys.  Every time a would-be buyer mentioned "shabby chic" in reference to decor, there would be an off-camera chorus of "Hoo-ray!!"  I loved this, I even joined in.

I so wanted to do it again.  But not with "shabby chic".  That fashion style came and went.   I watch loads of house-buying and renovation programmes, so I would just have to search for a new phrase.

I hit on "granite counter".  I decided I  would shout "Hoo-rayyy!" whenever a buyer, all but swooning in the kitchen or bathroom, shouted ecstatically, "Oh, wow, there's a granite counter" or on the other hand exclaimed in horror,  "Formica?  That will have to be ripped out and I'll have to replace it with a granite counter."

And with each "Hoo-rayyyy!",  I would  bottoms-up a shot glass of Pepsi -

One wet Sunday afternoon, I watched HGTV for over four hours.  I swigged down almost two  bottles of Pepsi.  I happily shouted  "Hoo-rayyyyy!" so many times that I lost count  (36 times).

I so enjoyed myself..

###
Next time,  I may go for "vaulted ceilings", or "French doors", or perhaps even "fire pit".  Fashions seem to change daily.






No comments:

Post a Comment