Thursday, December 13, 2018

Dumping goods outside charity shops

Hi there

When I was in Taupo a couple of weeks ago, I visited the Salvation Army Charity Shop.  I adore rummaging around in charity shops.

When  I left the shop at about 2 pm on the Saturday, there was no rubbish outside the doors.  But when I passed the shop at 6 pm on the  Sunday night, I was absolutely amazed at how much stuff people had dumped there.  Why on earth, they couldnt take their donations in when the shop is open I just can't fathom -


Bad sight, eh?

But here's a lovely sight, also in Taupo (no, I don't mean the scenery, even though the scenery is mind-blowing) - There are lots of those small awful-looking electrical boxes or telecommunications boxes out and about around the country.  In Taupo, the Council have engaged artists to paint pictures on them.  Taupo is close to Mt Ruapehu (Mt Doom in THE movie trilogy) ski-ing area, and here's the most adorable ski bunny, painted on a "box" outside Farmers Department Store -




No comments:

Post a Comment