Saturday, August 31, 2019

grasshoppers in Las Vegas

Hi there

When I was in Las Vegas there was a grasshopper invasion.  Millions came at nighttime, were attracted to lighting.  When I woke up in the morning there were grasshoppers attached to the outside of my hotel windows.  With the sun, however, they dropped off the glass.  The hotels' staff did great jobs of cleaning up the grasshopper bodies but every morning there were still quite a few husks around all the hotels' main doorways.

I went to a show one evening and a grasshopper had got onto the stage area.  Two of the female singers kept leaping to different places on that stage, emitting little shrieks and cries whenever that lone grasshopper came near them.  The singers admitted to the audience that they were wimps when it came to the creatures.

As if the grasshopper plague wasn't enough, there was heat too, of course.  And not only was there heat in Las Vegas but when I was in Los Angeles, the elderly, children and pets were told not to go to the beaches, so I had to give up my plans for Santa Monica..

Then, I was sitting in my LV  hotel when I got a message on my phone telling me not to go outside because of a flash flood!

So ... grasshoppers, heat, flash flood.  Oh dear, talk about biblical plagues.




No comments:

Post a Comment