Tuesday, August 13, 2019

More Los Angeles

Hi there

I had been to the Los Angeles Farmers Market before, several times, and many years' ago.  It's a big warehouse with street-food-like stalls and rickety tables.  I ordered fettucine from an Italian stall.

"You want any salad with it?" asked the guy behind the counter.

"Tomarto, please," I said.

"Tomayto," he said.

"Yes, tomarto," I answered.

"Tomayto."

"Tomarto-  Oh!"

Goodness, I love the Americans!

I hadn't realised that since my last Farmers Market visit, a whole posh restaurant/store/park area had opened up behind the market building.  If I hadn't wandered out a small doorway I might never have discovered it.  Such lovely-looking restaurants.  Wish I'd waited for my meal and had it here -



In Hollywood itself after I had visited the Hollywood Museum where I saw Liz Taylor's wedding dress from "Father of the Bride ...


....I went for lunch next door to Mel's Diner -


I am truly surprised that I came back from my holiday and had lost one and a half pounds in weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment