Friday, August 9, 2019

Me in Los Angeles

Hi there

I've been home four days and I'm still tired.  How on earth do those business people who cross the international dateline several times a month handle it?  Oh, wait, I know - they fly first class!

My first stop in the States was Los Angeles.  Within one hour of arriving in Hollywood,  where I was staying at the fabulously located bed and breakfast Hollywood Celebrity Hotel, I had a fall.  Oh, no...  Can I blame my poor eyesight?  Yes, I definitely will.   Even though the step had a yellow strip across it, I still came a cropper.  Hands and knees grazed.  Ankles slightly sprained.  Big toe bruised terribly.


But I soldiered on -

That very day was the premier for the movie "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood".  Still jet-lagged, I staggered to Hollywood Boulevard to watch the stars arrive.  Their cars stopped right opposite me.  I saw Chris Hemsworth, Brad Pitt, Leonardo Di Caprio, Britney Spears, Andy Serkis, New Zealand stunt actress Zoey whatshername, Margot Robbie,  and a host of other young stars I hadn't a clue about.  I felt so over-the-hill becuse in my youth I knew and adored every Hollywood star.


above:  that's Brad Pitt over on the left.  I take back every awful thing I've ever said about the guy.  He just oozed charisma. far more than on the screen (if possible).  Beautiful skin, looked so young.

above: the car from the movie



Some people had waited two days to see the street action.  Most of the celebrities came over to where I was standing, and I'd only been there for two hours.  It was fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment