Friday, December 6, 2019

My Smart TV

Hi there

When NZ en masse switched over to digital tv six years ago, I bought a Smart TV.  It was wonderful to be able to easily see TVNZ On Demand and 3Now (On Demand) on my big screen.  But two years ago 3Now suddenly scooted away from my tv.  Oh well, I never watched that channel much anyway.

However last month, I got a warning on my screen - TVNZ On Demand were leaving me, too!  On the second of December.

Whaaaat?

Tech people at the shop I bought my smart tv from informed me that the antique workings inside my tv could no longer cope with new updated apps

"But my tv is only 6 years old!" I wailed  -

The guy just shrugged.  It was the way of life now, apparently. 

Oh dear.  Anthony Newley, singer, actor, and songwriter from the 1960's was prone to shout, "Stop the World, I Want to Get Off!".  And I agree with that statement whole-heartedly.





No comments:

Post a Comment