Saturday, December 14, 2019

Yet another little holiday

Hi there

I've just been to New Plymouth for four nights.  Oh wait, no, it was three nights because ... New Zealand, country-wide, had severe storms last weekend, the day I was due to leave Wellington for New Plymouth.  Road wash-outs and slips everywhere.  I got about twenty minutes from Miramar to find Highway No 1  was closed because of flooding.  And it was just as bad further up the line.

So, I gave up and went home, furious.  Anyway, when I finally left the next day, the weather was great.  And I loved New Plymouth.  It's one of my fave places.  I walked The Coastal Walkway, swam, cycled The Coastal Walkway, shopped.  I stayed, as usual in an en suite cabin at Belt Road Seaside Holiday Park.  From the deck of my cabin, I had the most glorious sea and coastal views.

Happy Christmas shopping.  Don't get stressed out!

 above:  part of the view from my en suite cabin deck at Belt Road Seaside Holiday Park, New Plymouth.


 
above:  the new Len Lye Gallery to commemorate Len Lye and his art work.  His wind wands are in various places around New Zealand.  The gallery was built on the site where a picture theatre used to be.  I was ten and on Friday nights my parents took me to this theatre  There was always a serial  beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment