Saturday, August 8, 2020

My blood test

 Hi there

I got a blood test done a couple of weeks ago.  It was roughly at the same time as a friend got hers.

"The doctor said my blood test was excellent," said my friend with, dare I say it, a hint of smugness to her tone.

Goodness, I figured my test results were going to be a miserable failure.  I should never have eaten all those packets of  Hundreds and Thousands Biscuits during lockdown.  Curse you Cookie Bear and your iced confections: the cholesterol part of my blood test would no doubt class me as a failure. 

The nurse at my doctor's surgery rang in.  My blood test results had arrived  -

"Your tests are very good,' the nurse informed me.

 "My friend's results were 'excellent'," I said.  Competitive Me was out in full force.   "Can't you 'up' my level a wee bit?  Please?" I added hopefully.

"Um... ". There was silence for a few seconds.  Then:  "Oh, look, your blood tests are ... Amazing!"

Yes!!  Imaginary high-five on my part.  I loved this nurse.  " I'll take it!" I shouted.

I just can't wait to tell my friend ...






No comments:

Post a Comment