Saturday, August 29, 2020

Coincidences?

 I've never thought much about coincidences.  But something happened to me a couple of years ago that truly spells out Coincidence with a capital C.  I may have told the story before -

it was early morning, I was still in bed and in my pyjamas when I suddenly decided to go to Taupo for a few days.  Within thirty minutes, I'd booked my stay, quickly thrown a cluster of clothes into a small bag, and taken off.  Yes! - I still possessed the super power of being able to pack perfectly in only a few minutes.

On reaching Taupo, I happened to glance down at my shoes, my trainers.  Oops, I was in one light blue shoe, and one white one!  And they were the only shoes I'd brought with me.  I was devastated, ashamed, embarrassed.

I'd have to buy some new shoes?  

But then, wait  - !

A street collector shook a collection box at me.  What was the charity?  And what was its theme?

What?

It was Wear Odd Shoes Day!!!!??

No?  Yes!  I did a soft shoe shuffle in front of the collector, showing off my trainers.  I dumped a huge handful of change into the collection box.

I was ecstatic ...





No comments:

Post a Comment