Sunday, September 25, 2022

Carpet layers coming

 Hi there

I've been all a-flutter the last couple of days, moving furniture before the carpet layers arrive.  Oooh, I'm getting new carpet, yippee!   There's nothing as lovely as scrunching bare tootsies into beautiful warm fluffy carpet as you hop out of bed.

So, I've been cramming furniture into back rooms away from their original places, as per the carpet layer's instructions.  By tomorrow those back rooms will look like a hoarder's paradise and I'll be clambering over cabinets and drawers, and rubbish bags full of clothes and CDs, and cushions, and drawers. My wardrobe doors will be blocked, and other doors too.  How will I get to the loo?

I've uncovered what surely has to be years of accumulated dust, and found $1.20 in loose change down the sides of the sofa. I discovered  17 plastic supermarket shopping bags stuffed behind a hall table,  two parasol-like umbrellas that haven't been opened since the 1960s, and does a woman really need so many backpacks and purses?

None of the books in the lounge bookcase have been read in, at least, ten years so why on earth am I keeping them?  

The advance guard for the carpet layers informed me that compared to others, I don't have much clutter.  Huh?  What was he talking about?  I have ornaments, for goodness sake!  And bags of clothes.  And shoes.  And swimming paraphenalia.  And too many photos of my late cat, StarGirl.

And I also have hayfever...  Curse you, household dust.  And curses especially go out to my vacuum cleaner because when I emptied it today, sprays of fluff and dust sprayed up into my face, like Ruapehu suddenly erupting...


No comments:

Post a Comment