Sunday, August 25, 2013

4th swim at Hataitai Beach for August

Hi there

J and I have completed our fourth swim for August, and that was our minimum number per winter month, so every swim from now on in is a bonus swim.

 The Wellington City Council seemed to have come to a stop re building the new steps at Hataitai Beach.  But good on them for making such a great start.  J and I are a bit worried that the steps look raw and prickly-wood;  they might splinter our tootsies.  Still, I expect WCC have some under-water varnish or something.  Also let's hope they attach a rim to the edge of each step (like previously) so as we swimmers don't slip.  Oh, goodness, and while you're at it, WCC, we'd like a cafe bar in the changing sheds, a four-jet shower, and heated floorboards (hehehehe...).

The outdoor statue of Gandalf the wizard, from Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit has been placed in the new little plaza outside the Roxy Theatre in Miramar.  I think it was the statue that was in the Weta Cave for a while, and also in the foyer of the Roxy.  I'm sorry to say the pigeons have got at the statue already.  Also, I'm thrilled to see that in homage to my latest visit to Las Vegas, glitter capital of the world, the lamp-posts in the little Roxy plaza are sparkly glittery silver.

Oh, and here are three trolls that are outside the Weta Cave/Weta Workshop in Miramar.   If you're in the area, don't miss out on a visit to the workshop.  I think tours are something like every hour and can be bought from Weta Cave.  My swimming pal, J, is a great expedition leader, but when she went recently to the Cave, she failed to read the notice that said visitors could also tour the workshop.  Tsk.tsk.

More about my trip to Las Vegas later this week.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment