Friday, August 23, 2013

The politeness of Americans

Hi there

I know that, last year, I rambled on about the politeness of Americans but I just have to re-emphasise it:  they are sooooo extraordinarily impossibly delectably marvellously ...polite!    It's all "Yes Ma'am, No Ma'am, Excuse me Ma'am, Sorry Ma'am, Are you all right Ma'am".  Even though - completely because of vanity -  I would rather be "Miss" instead of "Ma'am", I can't really complain because Americans always come across as caring.   If I'm the one to tread on a toe, the American will still apologise ... wow.  I don't know if it's just something to do with Happy-Americans-On-Holiday-in-Las-Vegas but I like to think it's how they are all the time.  Congrats, guys.

Though I spent two weeks in Las Vegas, I did spend three days in Los Angeles.  I had been on a Universal Studios tour before and I adored it - so theme-park-exciting.  But this time I went on a tour to Warner Bros Studios where the visitor is more into seeing a working studio. They were televising one show "Hart of Dixie "(TV2, 6 pm Sundays) and we wandered around the sets.  I don't watch the show but one of the stars is Mallory Moye.



What I looooooooved was that we suddenly arrived at the set of Merlotte's Bar and Grill from the tv series "True Blood".  I had read Charlaine Harris's  'Southern Vampire' books before the stories got turned into a tv series so it was a real thrill to see the set..  Above is a pic.










No comments:

Post a Comment