Saturday, October 19, 2013

Hands up if you have trouble sleeping?

Hi there
Last evening, I was on the sofa, in my lounge, under my ravaged ceiling, trying to watch television.  I truly was trying to do it but my eyes just wanted to close.  Heck, it was only 8.pm;  I couldn't go to bed at 8 pm!  Only kittens, puppies, babies and other oldies (never me!) go to sleep at 8 pm.

At 8.30, I awoke with a start.  Still on the sofa.  I fumbled to turn off the tv, and staggered into the bedroom. 

"I'll be asleep in mere minutes," I told myself.

Suddenly, I was as wide-eyed as a lemur. 

I picked up my Kindle.  I read a chapter.  Then another chapter.  I finished the book.  10 pm.

I reached down under my bed for a crossword puzzle book, couldn't find it so had to get out from between my snuggly sheets and burrow underneath the bed.  This put me more wide-awake than ever.

I finished a mini crossword, plus one that took up a whole two-page-spread.  It was midnight.  I turned on NewstalkZB.

I read another book on my Kindle.  2 a.m. 

On the radio, they were talking about how terrible Rod Stewart was in concert.  So, of course, I had to ring up and skite that I had seen him "in August, that's this very last August, two months ago, at Caesars Palace, in Las Vegas - and he was marvellous!"  This call wasted  three whole minutes of valuable sleeping time..

I read Debbie Reynolds' autobiography "Unsinkable".  My goodness, what trauma she's been through.  The book (a real honest-to-goodness paper-paged hard-covered book  - from the library) was so rivetting, I was on the edge of my bed, living every second of Debbie's life along with her.  The time was 4 a.m.

I drifted off to sleep at 4.30 a.m.  Woke up at 8 30 a.m. 

I guess we all have nights like this....

No comments:

Post a Comment